Saturday 18 April 2015

Mr Mark Francois

Now, i'm not a political man, and one party is about as good as another in my opinion, I am in league with none....except when it suits me of course ;-)

Mr Mark Francois (yes the man with the big blue conservative board right next to our fibre broadband cabinet that we are not connected to) has written to me today.

He says (and I quote)

"I have again written to Gavin Patterson, Chief Executive of BT to raise this matter with him once more....." (to ask if) "...South Fambridge can be included in the next phase of the rollout"

"I hope you may recieve a positive reply but if I am successfully re-elected, then I will be happy to persue this for you further..."

Now I know we all know that this is in order to secure my vote...right? Well sure, agreed. But then i suppose isn't that the point of electing someone, to get things that you need. There's no hiding it.

Am I conservative? I honestly don't know what that means any more. Do I want fast broadband and do I think its unfair we have so far been excluded? Yes. Can this man Mark do anything about it? Maybe. Maybe is better than No.

Well Mr Francois, you have been supportive of us so far election or not, and have always replied to me in writing, promptly and have done what you have said you would.

You got my vote chap

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I received an email today from Super Fast Essex. Looks like their stance hasn't changed yet. Anything we can do to apply pressure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for the comment, yes still bleak

    However I am feeling positive about an announcement in the coming weeks. I don't think there is much more we can do, as I've been as much as a pest as I can without upsetting them. I remain hopeful :-)

    ReplyDelete